Surah Al-Imran was revealed in Madina that is the reason why it is called as a Madni Surah. It is the 3rd Surah of the Holy Quran which comprises of a total of 200 verses.
|Surah Name||Surah Al-Imran|
|No. of Verses||200|
|No. of Rukus||20|
|Position||Juz’ 3 4|
|Opening Muqatta’at||3 Alif Lam Mim|
|No. Of words||3503|
|No. Of letters||14605|
Events Relating the Revelation of This Surah:
- The Muslims faced all kinds of hardships about which they have been told in Surah Al-Baqarah.
- The Muslims gained victory in the Battle Of Badr because they followed the instructions that were given by the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H).
- Their victory made them popular in Arabia. This was the reason why they started facing more problems.
- It seemed as if all the Arabia was against the tiny little state, Madina. This caused many economical problems.
- Jews were also proved very troublesome. They lived in the suburbs of Madina.
- At the beginning, they had signed a treaty of peace with the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H). However, they were the first one broke the treaty because of which they were exiled from Madina.
- Some Jewish tribes rejected to leave Madina and shut themselves in their fortresses.
- The Muslims were forced to campaign against them and send them out.
- On the other side, the people of Makkah started to prepare for a war against the Muslims for seeking revenge for their defeat at the Battle of Badr.
- They prepared an army of 3000 well equipped men and marched for Madina.
- This battle is known as the Battle of Uhad as it was fought at the foot of the mount called Uhad.
- Whereas, the Muslims were 1000 in number from which 300 hundred men deserted who were the hypocrites.
- Now they were left with 700 men.
- This contributed a lot in the set-back at Uhad. Apart from that the main reason for the defeat of Muslims in the battle was that many Muslims did not follow the instructions of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) at the battlefield.
Main Theme of Surah Al-Imran:
The First main theme of this Surah is Guidance. It invites all the people to the religion and tells them about the rewards that will be awarded and punishments that will be given.
The Second main theme of this Surah is about the Oneness of Allah. It says that Allah is the only creator and therefore, he is the only one to be worshiped.
Firmness upon the truth is the Third theme. It contains a Dua in the opening that is:
“Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower.” (3:8)
Lessons And Guides That Muslims Learned From This Surah:
- The Muslims learned that they were at a great disadvantage when they disobeyed the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H). This gave them a lesson of being more careful and obeying the commands of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H).
- It didn’t matter whether the Muslims were victorious or not, the outcome has been always in their favor. If they kept on winning then even the non believers would join them and their differentiation could not have been possible.
- This battle unveiled the hypocrites from the true believers.
- Allah tests his servants in both, good as well as the bad times.
- If the Muslims would keep on being victorious, then they might have become arrogant.
- Allah created a place in Heavens which cannot be reached by good deeds only. For it, the believer has to face hardships and trials.
- Martyrdom has the highest regard in the sight of the almighty God, Allah.
- There is always a cause for the destruction of every enemy of Allah. The biggest cause is to reject Allah as a creator of all.
- He forgives and shows mercy on those who believed in Him and increases the punishment for those who rejected Him.
- When a person faces a loss of life, he becomes humble and more submissive to his Lord.
Benefits for Reciting Surah Al-Imran:
- The one who recites this Surah on the day on Friday, he will have the mercy of Allah till sunset and the angels will also pray for his forgiveness.
- The one who is facing problems in earning his livelihood should write it on a paper and wrap it in a cloth and wear it. Then he will never face any hardship in earning his livelihood.
- For a woman giving birth to a child; give her this Surah written on paper and wrapped in a cloth. It will conceive her in giving birth to a child.
Surah Al-Imran Wazifa For Marriage:
The time limit for this Wazifa is 21 days. If Allah wills, then you will be married within the prescribed time limit, but you have to be sure to complete this Wazifa for 21 days even if you have been married before the time limit.
However, it is strongly recommended that you perform all the obligatory prayers without missing any one of them.
- Recite Darood for 11 times.
- Then recite the first three Ayats of this Surah for 319 times.
- Recite them together, not independently.
- Then again recite Darood 11 times.
Then do a Dua in the following way:
“Ya Allah, I want to marry someone of your choice who is suitable for me”.
In case if you are not married within 21 days, please continue the Wazifa until you get married. If you exceed the time limit, then, there is no need to worry about completing this Wazifa any further. Just keep reciting it after 21 days until you are married.
This is a Surah that should be recited on Friday as about it you have been told above. Also, it is said that whoever recites this Surah with Surah Al-Baqarah, he will be provided with the of the clouds from the hot scorching Sun on the Day Of Judgment.