Surah Al-Baqarah is the second and the longest Surah in the Holy Quran. It was revealed in Madina that is the reason why it is called as a Madni Surah.
It repeats the story of Hazrat Adam (A.S), Hazrat Ibrahim (A.S) and Hazrat Musa (A.S); and consists of a wide variety of topics.
|Surah Name||Surah Al-Baqarah|
|No. of Verses||286|
|No. of Rukus||40|
|Opening Muqatta’at||3 Alif Lam Mim|
History About the Name Surah Al-Baqarah:
It means “A Cow”. It is named so, because of the story that lies within it. Its story is about a man who was murdered. People wanted to know who killed him and asked Hazrat Musa (A.S) about it.
He told them that Allah has ordered to slaughter a cow and strike the dead man with the piece of cow and as a miracle, he would come back to life.
However, people didn’t believe in what Hazrat Musa (A.S) said to them as they ignored the fact that He never said anything from Himself nor did he ever lied.
The people did not use revelations for the purpose of their guidance, instead they used it for a mean of their own purposes and desires.
This Surah guides in a much clearer way telling all the mistakes that Bani Israel made. There is no doubt that a lust is nothing but an enemy of revelation.
Benefits of Surah Al-Baqarah:
- Protection from shaitan: If you want to drive the Shaitan out of your house, then recite Surah Al-Baqarah.
- Unlimited blessings: It is said by the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) that there is a blessing in its recitation and there is sorrow in leaving .
- Life after death: The reciter of this Surah will have great importance in the life after death, where he will be one of the most prominent people.
- Shaitan will not enter his house: The one who recites ten Ayats from this Surah in the night, then Shaitan will not enter his house that night.
- Protect the family: If this Surah is recited on a regular basis, then Shaitan will not come near him and his family and he will not be touched by anything he dislikes.
- Angels listen: It is such a beautiful Surah that even angles come to hear it from the person who recites it.
- Recite before sleeping: Whosoever recites its ten Ayats before sleeping will not forget the Quran.
Wazifa for Surah Al-Baqarah:
The Wazifa of Surah Al-Baqarah is for breaking the curse of black magic. For doing it, you have to follow the following steps:
- First of all, recite Darood Sharif 11 times.
- Then recite Surah Naas for 41 times.
- Then recite the last Ruku of Surah Al-Baqarah
- Then again recite Darood 11 times.
- After that, blow the water, which is called as Dum, and throw it on the walls of your house.
- The limit for this Wazifa is for 21 days.
Main Theme of Surah Al-Baqarah:
The main theme of Surah Al-Baqarah is about the guidance that was provided to the people of Makkah who kept on resisting Islam. The pagans of Makkah and the Jews of Madina, both were insisted to embrace Islam. There was also a warning for the hypocrites that they will be punished in the hell fire.
Surah Al-Baqarah is a very awesome Surah that also protects you from the presence of Shaitan when you recite it on a regular basis.
Moreover, a brief guidance is provided in this Surah which helps a person to stay more firm in his religion and avoid all the mistakes that were made by the people in earlier times. This not only proves beneficial here, but is also much more beneficial in life after death than it seems here.