Wudu(ablution) is an Arabic word which means the specific action of washing certain body parts including hands, mouth, arms, nostrils, feet and face. In the Islam, it has great importance.
As for offering prayers, five times a day is necessary for all the Muslims. It is obligatory for Muslims offer their prayers. But prayers mean nothing if you do not perform ablution.
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Apostle said, “The prayer of a person who does ,Hadath (passes, urine, stool or wind) is not accepted till he performs (repeats) the ablution.”
[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number 137]
Narrated Nu’am Al-Mujmir:
Once I went up the roof of the mosque, along with Abu Huraira. He perform ablution and said, “I heard the Prophet saying, “On the Day of Resurrection, my followers will be called “Al-Ghurr-ul-Muhajjalun” from the trace of ablution and whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so (i.e. by performing ablution regularly).”
[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number 138]
In the Islamic religion, cleanliness has great importance. In the Quran and the Hadith, significances of cleanliness are mentioned various times. It shows the importance of purity in the Islam.
It has great benefits for you. You will remain healthy and active, gain the Blessings and Mercy of the Allah. If you remain clean, it will affect your physical as well as mental health.
Ablution is obligatory before the prayers and also before reciting the Quran. Before worship Almighty Allah, it is compulsory that you are in the state of purity.
- First of all, make a Niyah of prayer in the heart.
- Then says or recite Bismillah in the Arabic language.
- Then wash your hands properly till the wrists starting from the right hand.
- After it takes water in your right hand and put in the mouth for three times.
- After it, wash your nostrils properly three times with the right hand.
- Then wash your face three times with both hands.
- Over it, wash your right arm till the elbow for three times, similarly wash your left arm three times.
- Then wash your head from the forehead to the back. Then, clean your ears with the hands.
- In the last, put water on the right and left feet for three times. This is the last step of ablution.
These steps are necessary for the ablution before offering prayers or worshiping Almighty Allah.
There are many benefits of doing ablution. Here I discussed some of these Wudu benefits.
- Although ablution is not prescribed as a medicine, but it has various benefits on human health. For example, in everyday life after starting the day, you touch various things in a day. These things can contain various types of germs which are harmful to your health. So if you do Wudu, you definitely wash your hand. It will wash out all the germs from your hands.
- Wudu is prescribed by Allah, but now its benefits are also scientifically proven. Like during Wudu, you wash your mouth several times in a day, it will protect you from tooth problems. Similarly, by washing your face several times in a day, your face will be protected from the wrinkles and lines.
- It will prevent you from several physical health issues.
- It will give you physical purity. All your body parts are washed various times due to ablution, so it gives you purification.
- According to the Hadith, ablution eliminates all your bad deeds and sins. The Messenger of the Allah, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) also mentioned the importance of Wudu in the Hadiths. According to them, ablution will protect you on the Day of Judgment.
- Try to remain in the state of Wudu every time. It has various benefits for you. Along with physical health, you will get the Blessings of Allah Almighty. If you die in the state of ablution, you will be martyred.
- It is the Sunnah sleeping in the condition of purity. And it is the best way of gaining purity and cleanliness. So make a habit of performing ablution daily before sleeping.
- It purifies your body from head to the foot.
- It will strengthen you spiritually. It will give you inner peace.
- So it is the matter of your faith. To strengthen your faith, always remain in the state of purity. According to the Hadith:
“Cleanliness is the part of faith.” Tweet
Cleanliness has great importance in the Islam. Ablution keeps you clean and pure. It protects you from several physical diseases. It is obligatory for the Muslims perform it before the prayers.
Both the Quran and the Hadith emphasized many times on the importance of purification. It is the part of Faith. It gives you mental, physical and spiritual health.
Try to remain in the state of Wudu every time. It will bring you closer to the Almighty Allah. Before worship Allah, it is compulsory to perform ablution.