Surah Al-Fajr was revealed in Makkah thats why it is called as a Makki Surah. It contains 30 verses with a total of 139 words and 584 letters.
|Surah Name||Surah Al-Fajr|
|No. of Verses||30|
|No. of Words||139|
|No. of Letters||584|
The name Al-Fajr means “The Dawn”. It takes its name from the first Ayat of this Surah.
This Surah also describes the fate of non believers that they will be destroyed. It condemns people who ignore the orphans and the poor. Those are also condemned who love their wealth more than anything else.
It was revealed while the persecution was being done on the people who started embracing Islam.
Main Theme of Surah Al-Fajr:
The main theme of Surah Al-Fajr is to affirm the people that they will be rewarded and punished for their deeds in the Hereafter.
The people of Makkah rejected to believe in the Hereafter. For the non believer the day and the night are the symbols of the regularity.
This shows that there is the power of Allah behind it. If He can do all this then why cannot He call man for being accountable for his deeds.
In this Surah, the end of the evil, the Ancient Egyptians, the people of Iram of the Pillars, and Mada’in Saleh ,is also mentioned. There end came when they tried to spread corruption throughout the world and then they were punished for it.
It is evident that there is an unseen force that is responsible for the universe to exist. Not only that, but also it is a wise force that seeks the Power of truth and justice.
Then an example of Arabs have been given who overlooked all the rights and good things and adopted all evil. They had a lust of achieving wealth and power only and could not afford any disgrace about them, which was a common cause for the fights that took place in between them frequently.
They neglected the fact that they were being tested in both aspects, of poverty and richness, in their life.
Moreover, no attention was paid to the orphan after the death of his father. Instead, they used to kill the weak and snatch their property.
They never used to get satisfied with whatever they get. They always wanted to get more wealth than before.
This is strictly forbidden in Islam.
Main Points That Summarize Surah Al-Fajr:
- Allah created everything perfectly.
- Man starts to know about Allah by the reflection of His creation.
- The night and the day are the examples of Allah greatness.
- Allah made man more superior in knowledge than animals.
- The man who lives without any thought about the Hereafter is meaningless as he no longer has any aims left to live his life for.
- The one who believes in Allah shall also believe in the Hereafter.
- Hereafter is ever living, whereas this world is temporary.
- No Muslim can disobey Allah except for those who disbelieve in Him.
- Then, the attitude of people is described towards worldly things.
- It also describes the relation between transgression and tyranny.
- Allah ranks him the most who fears him the most.
- The term Faith is defined. It is a strong belief in Allah, which is free from all those things forbidden in Islam.
Benefits for Reciting Surah Al-Fajr:
- The one who recites this Surah often, he will be accompanied by Hazrat Imam Hussain (R.A) on the Day Of Judgment.
- The one who recites this Surah, then Allah will forgive his sins equal to ten times the number of people who recite it.
- On the Day Of Judgment, he will have a light shinning on him.
- A person who writes it on a piece of paper and then ties it on his back in a cloth, then he will have a child who will be a blessing for him and will also be of pride for him.
Surah Al-Fajr Wazifa for the Cure From Any Disease:
Recite this Surah for 70 times and do a Damm on the person. In sha Allah, he will soon be relieved.
Surah Al-Fajr Wazifa for Getting Relief From Any Problem:
In Surah Al-Fajr it is clearly stated that man will be accountable for his deeds on the Day of Judgment. No excuses will be accepted and everyone will get what he deserves.
However, for those who believe in Allah, can attain His mercy and will not remain in Hell forever. They will be punished temporary, but will be granted with the Heavens.
If Allah wills, then some might not be punished and will directly be rewarded by the Heavens.