Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave):
Surah Al-Kahf (سورة الكهف) is 18th chapter of Quran and consist of 110 verses. The chapter Al-Kahf was revealed in Mecca. More importantly, it describes the story of the Believers who accepted the message of truth.
|No. of Rukus||12|
|Surah Meaning||The Cave|
|Position||Juz’ 15 to 16|
Surah Al-Kahf Theme:
There are 4 Major themes in this chapter of al-kahf.
- Trial of Faith: People of the Cave/ Ashabu Al-Kahf (Verses 9 – 26)
- Trial of Wealth: The story of the rich and the poor (Verses 32 – 44)
- Trial of Knowledge: Moses and Al-Khidr (Verses 60–82)
- Trial of Power: Dhul-Qar-Nayn with Yajooj and Majooj (Verses 83–98)
They faced the reprisal from the society and then the left the city and got protection in a cave. ALLAH (S.W.T) gave them sleep for hundreds of years till their society accepted the message of truth.
The Quran was revealed by the Allah Almighty upon His Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H). Every Muslim believes in the authenticity and truthfulness of the Quran.
Obviously, each and every word described in this book is truthful. Furthermore, every Muslim wants to learn the Quran as it is the complete code of life. The most sacred book for Muslims is the Quran that provides guidance to all in every aspect of life.
Must be remembered, The person who recites Surah al-Kahf receives the protection of Allah. On the other hand, reciting every word of the Quran we receive reward.
Famous Surah Al-Kahf Verses:
- [All] praise is [due] to Allah, who has sent down upon His Servant the Book and has not made therein any deviance. [Quran 18:1]
- Indeed, if they come to know of you, they will stone you or return you to their religion. And never would you succeed, then – ever.” [Quran 18:20]
- Except [when adding], “If Allah wills.” And remember your Lord when you forget [it] and say, “Perhaps my Lord will guide me to what is nearer than this to right conduct.” [Quran 18:24]
- And recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord. There is no changer of His words, and never will you find in other than Him a refuge. [Quran 18:27]
- And say, “The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills – let him believe; and whoever wills – let him disbelieve.” Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place. [Quran 18:29]
- Indeed, those who have believed and done righteous deeds – indeed, We will not allow to be lost the reward of any who did well in deeds. [Quran 18:30]
- But as for me, He is Allah, my Lord, and I do not associate with my Lord anyone. [Quran 18:38]
Surah al-Kahf Benefits According to Hadith:
As shown above, I am going to share the benefits of reciting surah Kahf according to hadith:
Abu Darda reported Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: If anyone learns by heart the first ten verses of the Surat Al-Kahf, he will be protected from the Dajjal. (Sahih Muslim)
From the above hadith it is clear that whoever recite chapter al-Kahf on Friday, light shall shine forth for him between the two Fridays.
From Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri, who said: “Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the night of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will stretch between him and the Ancient House (Ka’bah).” (al-jaami)
From the above hadith It is clear that the person who recites this Al-kahf on Friday night he is illuminated with the light that covers the all the space between him and the Kaabah. This light is the blessings of Allah (SWT) upon his servant.
Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reports that the Prophet SAW said: “Whoever recites Surat Al-Kahf on Jumu’ah will have illumination from the light from one Jumu’ah to the next.” (an-Nasa’i, al-Baihaqi, and al-Hakim)
It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, a light will shine for him from beneath his feet to the clouds of the sky, which will shine for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will be forgiven (his sins) between the two Fridays.”
Abu Darda reported Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: One who recited the last ten verses of Surah al Kahf will always be secure against the Dajjal (Anti-Christ).” (Muslim Shareef)
Abu Darda reported Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: One who learn the first three verses of Surah al Kahf will be secure against the fitna Dajjal (Anti-Christ).” (Tirmidhi)
So, we must learn the first three verses of this chapter to become secured against Fitna Dajjal who would be the havoc to the world and will bring destruction with him.
Al-Bara’ reported that a person was reciting Surat al-Kahf and there was a horse tied with two ropes at his side, a cloud overshadowed him, and as it began to come nearer and nearer his horse began to take fright from it. He went and mentioned that to the Prophet (PBUH) in the morning, and he (the Prophet) said: That was tranquillity which came down at the recitation of the Qur’an. (Sahih Muslim)
As a Muslim, we must prepare ourselves for the Day of Judgment and before that day we are given a life that must be spent according to the teachings of Islam. There is much havoc which will be appeared near the day of judgment.
In short, the Quran gives us the complete path to the ultimate success in the World and hereafter. To be protected from fitnah, recite the Quran daily and memorize the verses.