Dajjal the False Messiah:
The appearance of Dajjal is one of major three signs of the Day of the Judgment. He will appear just before the Day of the Judgment on this earth. Dajjal is the greatest evil. The question is where will Dajjal come from? In this post, you will find complete story of Dajjal and Dajjal Signs in Islam including details of Fitnah Dajjal, details of his emergence and his rule in this world.
Story of Dajjal in Islam:
- Hazrat Anas (R.A) narrated that Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said, “No Prophet was sent but he warned his followers against Al-Masih and Dajjal (the one-eyed liar). Beware he is blind in one eye and your Lord is not so, and there will be written between his eyes Kafir (i.e., disbeliever)”. (Sahih Al-Bukhari 9-245).
- From the Hadith above, it is clear that Dajjal will have only one eye. When he will come, he will bring what will be similar to hell and paradise. His hell will be paradise and his paradise will be hell. Dajjal will emerge from the East (in Iran, Afghanistan).
- It is reported by Abdullah Ibn Amr “There will emerge from the east some people from my nation who recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats. Every time a faction of them emerges it will be cut off”.
- After repeating this, the Prophet (S.A.W) said on the tenth time, “Every time a faction of them emerges it will be cut off until the False Messiah emerges from their remnants”. (Musnad Ahmad 27767).
- He will rule in this word for 40 days. One day of his rule will be like a year. One day will be like one month. Another one day of these 40 days of his rule will be like a week. Rest of the days will be like the normal days. Thus; his rule period is 14 months and 14 days.
- After his appearance, he will spread mischief and corruption in the world. For this, he will start a campaign between Syria and Iraq. He will have a large number of followers.
- He will not be able to enter the Holy places Mecca and Medina. Abu Huraira reported that Holy Prophet said, “There are angels guarding the entrance of Medina. Neither Plague nor Dajjal would be able to enter it”. (Sahih Al-Bukhari).
- Reported by Anas Bin Malik that Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said, “Al Dajjal will come and encamp at a place close to Medina will shake thrice whereupon every Kafir and hypocrite will go towards him”. (Sahih Al-Bukhari).
End of Dajjal:
- He will claim that he is also a prophet of Allah. His real name will be Abdullah. He will also claim divinity. He will have mainly Jewish and women followers. He will distract the people from the path of Allah Almighty.
- He will have powers. He will be able to send down rains and cause droughts. He will spread great mischief in this world. Then Eisa (the Jesus) will appear. He will kill Dajjal and all mischief the Dajjal will spread will come to an end then
This is all about story of Dajjal in Islam. He is going to come for sure. His emergence is one of the major signs of the Day of Judgment. We must pray Allah to keep us safe from his mischief.