Surah Al-Kahf (Arabic: سورة الكهف, “The Cave”) is 18th Surah of the Quran and consist of 110 Verses. Al-Kahf was revealed in Mecca. It describes the story of the Believers who accepted the message of truth.
There are 114 Makki and Madni Surah in Quran or chapter in the Book of Holy Quran.
|Surah Name||Surah Al-Kahf|
|No. of Rukus||12|
|Surah Meaning||The Cave|
|Position||Juz’ 15 to 16|
There are 4 Major themes in this Surah
1. Trial of Faith – People of the Cave/ Ashabu Al-Kahf (Verses 9 – 26)
2. Trial of Wealth – The story of the rich and the poor (Verses 32 – 44)
3. Trial of Knowledge – Moses and Al-Khidr (Verses 60–82)
4. Trial of Power – Dhul-Qar-nayn with Yajuj Majuj (Verses 83–98)
They faced the reprisal from the society and then the left the city and got protection in a cave. ALLAH (S.W.T) gave them sleep for hundreds of years till their society accepted the message of truth.
The Quran was revealed by the ALLAH ALMIGHTY upon His Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H). Every Muslim believes in the authenticity and truthfulness of the Holy Quran.
Obviously, Each and every word described in this book is truthful. Every Muslim wants to learn the Quran as it is the complete code of life. The most Sacred book for Muslims is the Holy Quran that provides guidance to all in every aspect of life.
Must be remembered, The person who recites Surah al Kahf receives the protection of Allah (SWT). On reciting every word of the Quran we receive reward.
Famous Surah Al-Kahf Verses:
[All] praise is [due]to Allah, who has sent down upon His Servant the Book and has not made therein any deviance. [Quran 18:1]
Indeed, if they come to know of you, they will stone you or return you to their religion. And never would you succeed, then – ever.” [Quran 18:20]
Except [when adding], “If Allah wills.” And remember your Lord when you forget [it]and say, “Perhaps my Lord will guide me to what is nearer than this to right conduct.” [Quran 18:24]
And recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord. There is no changer of His words, and never will you find in other than Him a refuge. [Quran 18:27]
And say, “The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills – let him believe; and whoever wills – let him disbelieve.” Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their]faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place. [Quran 18:29]
Indeed, those who have believed and done righteous deeds – indeed, We will not allow to be lost the reward of any who did well in deeds. [Quran 18:30]
But as for me, He is Allah, my Lord, and I do not associate with my Lord anyone. [Quran 18:38]
There is a hadith in Sahih Muslim that states that Muhammad said (Concerning The False Messiah, Al-Masih ad-Dajjal):
“He who amongst you would survive to see him should recite over him the opening verses of Surah Kahf.” [Sahih Muslim, Book 41, Number 7015]
Whoever reads Surah Kahf on Friday, light shall shine forth for him between the two Fridays.
Surah Al-Kahf Benefits:
As shown above i am going to share benefits of reciting Surah Kahf:
- It is described in hadith that the person who recites this Al-kahf on Friday night he is illuminated with the light that covers the all the space between him and the Kaabah. This light is the blessings of Allah (SWT) upon his servant.
- The person who sits down and recites the Surah Kahf on Friday night becomes the blessed one.
- The Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said:
“The person who memorizes the first ten verses of Surah Kahf will be protected against the Dajjal”.
- So we must learn the first ten verses of this surah to become secured against Dajjal who would be the havoc to the world and will bring destruction with him.
- The person who recites this Surah on Jummah he will be protected for eight days from all the Fitanh (havoc).
- The person who recites this surah receives the blessings and his sins are forgiven for ten days. The recitation of surah Kahf fulfills the needs. So, make it a habit to recite this Surah on every Friday or every day before going to sleep.
- There themes described in this surah are trial of faith, wealth, knowledge and Power.
Therefore, We as Muslims must prepare ourselves for the Day of Judgment and before that day we are given a life that must be spent according to the teachings of Islam. There is much havoc which will be appeared near the Day of Judgment.
In short, the Quran gives us the complete path to the ultimate success in the world and hereafter. To be protected from Fitnah recite the Quran and memorize the verses. Every Muslim should recite Surah al-Kahf daily.