Surah An-Naml (The Ants) is a Makki Surah which means that it was revealed in Makkah. It is the 27th Surah of the Holy Quran with a total of 93 verses. It has only 1 Sajdah in the 25th verse of this Surah.
The verses of this Surah were revealed in accordance to different occasions.
|Surah Name||Surah An-Naml|
|No. of Verses||93|
|No. of Rukus||7|
|No. Of Sajdahs||1 (verse 25)|
|Opening Muqattat||2 Ta Sin|
The Opening Letter (Muqatta’at) of surah An-Naml is ط (tha) and س(sin)
When you calculate the occurrence of letter THA and SIN inside surah An-Naml this is what you’ll find:
طTHA = 27 times —– سSIN = 93 times
27 is number or surah, 93 is the TOTAL verses
It begins with the story of Hazrat Musa (A.S).
It also tells the story about the struggle of four divine Prophets, which includes Hazrat Musa (A.S), Hazrat Saleh (A.S), Hazrat Lut (A.S) and Hazrat Suleman (A.S).
There are mentioned the nine miracles of Hazrat Musa (A.S) in it, that were shown to Firon and his people and the story of Hazrat Suleman (A.S) and the Queen of Sheba.
And another portion of this Surah tells about the story of a conversation between Hazrat Suleman (A.S) and the ants and the birds. It also tells about the attendance of Jinns in a battle.
This Surah was revealed because people did not believe in the power of Allah’s creation.
The Significance of the name Surah Al-Naml:
The name of this Surah is taken from the conversation between the ants and Hazrat Suleman (A.S), who could understand the languages of the animals.
Main Theme of Surah An-Naml:
- The concept of Tauheed was preached to all.
- It is a guidance for all the believers.
- There is no partner associated with Allah in the creation of all. The one who associates partners with Him will never be forgiven. This is known as Shirk.
- All knowledge belongs to Allah and no one possess as much knowledge as He does.
- Those who do not believe in Allah shall never be forgiven.
- This Surah is a precaution for the mankind to accept Allah as their creator without any further delay else the non believer will have to face the punishment on the Day Of Judgment.
Benefits Of Surah Al-Naml:
- Protection from snakes: It has been narrated by Imam Jafar that whoever keeps this Surah in his house written on deerskin, then no dangerous animal such as the snake will come close to his house.
- Reward: The reward for reciting this Surah is equal to ten times the number of people present at the time of Hazrat Suleman (A.S), Hazrat Lut (A.S), Hazrat Saalih (A.S) and Hazrat Ibrahim (A.S).
Surah An-Naml Wazifa For Marriage:
Reciting this Surah helps a person to get married. To do so, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Recite this Surah after every obligatory prayer for 41 times.
- It can be done by a boy, a girl and also by their parents.
- There is no fixed time limit for it. Therefore, it can be done until one gets married.
However, girls can skip it in case if they are having periods.
The Surah An-Naml was revealed for the purpose of inviting the people to embrace the religion Islam. It mentioned all of its benefits for those who accept it and punishments for those who deny it. Those who accepted it will be rewarded and those who wanted a proof will not be given the chance once they have seen the miracle.