Allah sent many prophets for the guidance of humanity. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) is the last messenger the Allah sent for the guidance of humanity in this world. There is a distinct status of Holy Prophet (S.A.W) among the Prophets as He (S.A.W) brought Holy Quran. Allah orders us to send Darood to Holy Prophet (S.A.W) and there are many Darood Sharif benefits.
One of the Afzal Durood is Durood e Ibrahimi.
Importance of Darood Sharif:
- It is of great significance to send Darood Sharif to Holy Prophet (S.A.W) as Allah says in the Holy Quran,
“Indeed, Allah confers blessings upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask him to do so]. O you who have believed, ask [Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [Allah to grant him] peace”
- From the verse of Holy Quran, it is clear that Allah orders the believers for sending Darood Sharif as Allah as well as his angles also send Darood Sharif to Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W). This is the reason that there are many Darood Sharif benefits.
- There is a great importance of Darood Sharif. It is an integral part of five prayers, the Muslims offer each day. Without reciting Durood Sharif, our prayers remain incomplete.
Darood Sharif Benefits:
- Reciting Darood Sharif brings one closer to Allah and Holy Prophet (S.A.W). Reciting Darood means you are obeying the commands of Allah Almighty. It is indeed a duty of every Muslim to send blessings to Holy Prophet (S.A.W) by reciting Darood Sharif as Allah and his angels do.
- To make our prayers effective, reciting Darood Sahrif is very essential. Similarly, there is a great significance of reciting Darood Shareef after each prayer. When a Muslim sends blessings to Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W), Allah sends his blessings towards him.
- Holy Prophet (S.A.W) gave many sacrifices for the welfare of humanity. He (S.A.W) led us towards the right path. It is his (S.A.W) right that we should send blessings to him.
- Recitation of Darood Shareef is a great way to win the closeness of Holy Prophet (S.A.W) on the day of the judgment when no one will care for anyone. Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said,
“On the day of Judgment the person closest to me will be the one who has sent the most Darood unto me”.
- In Islam, the Friday is an important day of the week. On this day, there is a great significance of reciting Darood Sharif. For getting great rewards from Allah, one must recite Darood on Friday. Our Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) said,
“On Friday, send Darood abundantly on me, as it is presented before men”.
- Reciting Darood is a way to get high ranks in the court of Allah. Another benefit of Darood Sharif is that it raises the status of its readers. Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said,
“Whoever supplicates Allah to exalt for me, Allah would exalt him ten times”.
To conclude, there are many Darood Sharif benefits. Muslims must make a habit of sending Darood to Holy Prophet (S.A.W) to win high rank and the blessings of Allah in return.