What is Charity in Islam:
What is charity in Islam and what is the importance of charity in Islam? Islam emphasizes on the help of the poor people. Helping needy and poor is also the Sunnah of our Holy Prophet (S.A.W). He (S.A.W) always helped the needy and the poor without any fear of poverty. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) was really the most generous in this world. In this writing, I am going to tell you about the concept of Charity in Islam.
Famous Article: Beautiful Islamic Quotes about life
Importance of Charity in Islam:
- Allah has ordered Muslims to give 2.5 % of what they have to help needy people in charity. Allah says in Quran, “O you who believe! Spend out of what we have given you” (2:254).
- Charity in Islam does not mean that giving something to poor. To get the benefits of charity, there are certain requirements. Whenever you give something in charity, keep these points in your mind.
- The first thing is to give something in charity in secret. Allah says in the Holy Quran, “If you give charity openly then what a good thing it is; and if you give to beggars in secret it is better for you than everything, and He will remove some of your sins. And Allah is Aware of what you do.“(Qur’an 2:271).
- There is a great importance of charity in Islam. Charity takes a person nearer to Allah. Your charity will only be worthy if you give it only to obey the orders of Allah instead of getting fame in the eyes of other people.
- Charity in Islam is a way to be a man of Allah. It is a way to remove your sins. It invites the mercy and blessings of Allah. When you give charity, give it to obey Allah and keep the dignity of the needy person.
Giving charity in Islam:
- It is an obligation of every Muslim to give charity for Allah and to convince others to do the same. Do not let your charity wipe away by hurting the poor and the needy people. Taunting and hurting the dignity of the poor will just wipe off what you gave in the way of Allah.
- Also, while giving the charity, show your humbleness. Do not show pride by your words and actions. Feeling pride will make your giving worthless.
- In Islam, there is a concept of Zakat. This principle of Zakat makes an equal distribution of wealth in a society possible. To pay Zakat is also an obligation of every Muslim.
- Charity does not mean giving what you think is useless. Instead giving charity to obey Allah means give what you like the most. Sacrifice your dearest things for Allah who gave you all these things.
- There are different ways to give charity. Give such things in charity from which the people could get continuous benefits, i.e. build a mosque or a water system. Our Holy Prophet (S.A.W) says, “When a person dies, his works end, except for three: ongoing charity, knowledge that is benefited from, and a righteous child who prays for him.” [Muslim, Tirmidhi].
If Allah has given you health, you must not be greedy. Rather, use your wealth to help other only for Allah, who gave you all you have. The worldly wealth is nothing. The real thing is to win the love of your creator, Allah by giving charity in Islam.
Comments are closed.