Surah Fatiha in English:
If you can’t read Arabic then recite surah Fatiha in English. This first chapter of Holy Quran, Surah Fatiha is also known as Umm-ul-Quran or the “Mother of Quran”.
Our Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said, “Do you want me to teach you a Surah the like of which has not been revealed in the Torah, the Injeel, the Zabur, nor the Quran?”, and also asked what He recited in His prayers. He replied Umm-ul-Quran (Surah Fatiha) the Prophet (P.B.U.H) proclaimed, ‘By Him in Whose dominion my soul is, nothing like it has been revealed in the Torah, the Gospel, the Psalms, or the Quran and it is seven of the oft-repeated verses in the Mighty Quran which I have been given.” (Tirmidhi)
Recite Surah Fatiha in English:
- In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
- Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
- Master of the Day of Judgment.
- Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
- Show us the straight way,
- The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.
It is necessary to recite Surah al-Fatiha in Salah.
Allah’s Messenger Muhammad (SAW) said, whoever does not recite Surah al-Fatiha in his prayer, his prayer is invalid. [Sahih al Bukhari]
This surah is very important because we cannot start our prayer (salah) without this chapter and our salah is incomplete and it will not count without recitation of Surah al-Fatiha.