Prophet Muhammad Biography:
The Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) is the last messenger of Allah. Allah sent him to guide the humanity. Allah also revealed the last holy Book, the Holy Quran to Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W). After him, there is no need of another messenger of Allah. The chain of revelation from Allah ends on our Holy Prophet (S.A.W). In this post, I am going to share with you Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) biography briefly.
Life of Prophet Muhammad from Birth to Death:
- Our Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) took birth in 570 CE in Makkah. His (S.A.W) father had died before his birth. The name of his (S.A.W) grandfather was Abd al-Muttalib. Abd al-Muttalib took the responsibility of a guardian. He was the head of the tribe Quraish.
- The name of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) mother was Hazrat Bibi Aminah. She died when Holy Prophet (S.A.W) was only five to six years old. At the age of eight years, his (S.A.W) grandfather also passed away.
- Abu Talib was the uncle of Holy Prophet (S.A.W). After the death of Abdul-Muttalib, Abu Talib became his (S.A.W) guardian. Abu Talib had also a respectable status in in Mecca. At the age of 12 years, he (S.A.W) and his uncle went to Syria.
- At the age of 25 years, a 40 years old woman named Khadija, a wealthy merchant, hired Holy Prophet (S.A.W). The honesty of Holy Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) inspired her and she proposed Holy Prophet (S.A.W). He (S.A.W) accepted her proposal and got married to Khadija (R.A).
- People knew Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) by the names of Al Ameen and Al Sadiq. At this time, there were 360 idols in Kaaba. People used to worship idols.
- He used to go to the cave of Hira for meditation. At the age of 40 years, Allah sent his first revelation to him. He (S.A.W) got terrified, came to the home and told the story to Hazrat Khadija. Waraqa, the old saintly man and the cousin of Hazrat Khadija confirmed that he (S.A.W) is the expected prophet of Allah.
- Hazrat Khadija accepted Islam first of all and remained with you in every difficulty. Gabriel used to visit Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) with the verses of Holy Quran and the revelation of Holy Book completed in a period of 23 years.
The Last Messenger of Allah/Muhammad the messenger of Allah:
- After the revelation, Holy Prophet (S.A.W) started preaching the message of Allah secretly. After a period of 2 to 3 years, he (S.A.W) started preaching openly. He (S.A.W) faced hostility and opposition from the worshipers of idols. But, he (S.A.W) carried on preaching.
- Many people converted to Islam this way including his (S.A.W) slaves, friends, and cousins. In a period of three years after the revelation, 40 people in total converted to Islam. His uncle Abu Lahab and other leaders of Quraish strongly opposed you. He (S.A.W) did not stop.
- After all this, Quraish started beating and torturing the people who converted to Islam. They boycotted the Muslims. They also used to ridicule and humiliate Holy Prophet (S.A.W).
- During the 10th year of Prophet after the death of Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) uncle and wife Khadija, he (S.A.W) migrated to Madina. Then Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) left for Yathrib for preaching. In Yathrib, he (S.A.W) established an Islamic Community. This way, Islam began to spread in the world.
- The group of Muslims left in Makkah also migrated to Madina. Enemies of Islam were against the spread of Islam. They started creating misfortunes for the Muslims in Medina too. Muslims and he (S.A.W) fought many battles including Badr, Khandaq, and Uhud etc.
- In the sixth year of Hijra, the treaty of Hudaybia took place. In the 8th year of Hijra, Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) conquered Makkah after the violation of Hudaybia treaty. The fall of Mecca opened a way to the spread of Islam now and all barriers removed.
- In the tenth year of the Hijra, Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) performed his first and the last Hajj. After ten years of Migration to Madina, he (S.A.W) fell ill and died. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) continued spreading the message of Allah till his last breath.
This is all about Prophet Hazrat Muhammad(S.A.W) biography. Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) is a role model for us. He was sent for the betterment and guidance of humanity by Allah. His life has many moral lessons for us. We must try to follow the footsteps of our Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W).