According to Islamic calendar 2016, third month of islamic hijri is rabi ul awal, birth month of holy prophet(SAW). Our Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) was born on 12 Rabi ul awal. Thats why Muslim celebrate Muhammad birthday in 12 rabi ul awal, a day of Muslim Eid all over the world in Asia ,USA and Europe on the same date of 12.12.2016.
Excellence of Salat-Alan-Nabi
The Holy Prophet of mankind, the Peace of our heart and mind, the most Generous and Kind said, ‘Allah sends one hundred mercies on the one who recites Salat ten times on me.
(Al-Mu’jam-ul-Awsat lit-Tabarani, vol. 5, pp. 252, Hadees 7235)
The Dawn of BLESSINGS:
The Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم came into the world on the 12th of Rabi’-un-Noor at the time of dawn and transformed the dark night of miseries, difficulties, troubles and tribulations into the bright and soothing morning of happiness.
Congratulations on the advent of the blessed morning
Our Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم has come showering the Noor
(Wasail-e-Bakhshish, pp. 479)
As soon as Allah’s Noor صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم dawned on the earth on 12th Rabi’-un-Noor, the dark clouds of oppression and disbelief purged, the palace of Kisra, which belonged to the Iranian king, was struck by an earthquake in which fourteen of its spikes fell off, the flame which had been continuously blazing for one thousand years in Iran extinguished, the River ‘Sava’ became dry, the Ka’bah began to sway and idols fell on their heads.
The night superior to Shab-e-Qadr:
Sayyiduna Shaykh ‘Abdul Haq Muhaddis Dihlvi عَـلَيْهِ رَحْـمَةُ الـلّٰـهِ الۡـقَـوِی said, ‘Indeed, the night of the birth of the Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is superior to even Shab-e-Qadr, which is one of the nights bestowed to the Holy صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم . In fact, the night whose greatness lies in the advent of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is more sacred than the night whose greatness lies in the advent of the angels.
(Masabata bis-Sunnah, pp. 100)
اَلْـحَمْـدُ لـِلّٰـه عَزَّوَجَلَّ! The 12th of Rabi’-un-Noor is the Eid of all the Eids for Muslims. Indeed, if the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم had not come into this world, there would have been no Eid and no Shab-e-Bara`at. In fact, all the glory and greatness of the world as well as the Hereafter is by virtue of the bless arrival of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم .
Without him was nothing – without him is nothing
He is the kernel, without a soul there is no being
(Hadaiq-e-Bakhshish, pp. 126)
Abu Lahab and Milad
After the death of Abu Lahab, some of his family members dreamed him in trouble. They asked how he was treated after death. He replied, ‘I did not receive any goodness after leaving you.’ Then indicating towards the hole at underside of his thumb, he said, ‘Except this as I am fed with water from this because I freed my slave girl, Suwaybah.’
(Musannaf ‘Abdur Razzaq, vol. 9, pp. 9, Hadees
16661’; ‘Umda-tul-Qaari, vol. 14, pp. 44, Hadees 5101)
Muslims and Milad
Commenting on the foregoing narration, Sayyiduna Shaykh ‘Abdul Haq Muhaddis Dihlvi عَـلَيْهِ رَحْـمَةُ الـلّٰـهِ الۡـقَـوِی has stated, ‘In this incident there is credible evidence for those who celebrate the birth of the Noble Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم and spend their wealth on this auspicious occasion. Eid Milad un Nabi and 12 Rabi ul Awal are celebrate all over the world on the same day. Abu Lahab, who was a staunch unbeliever, was benefited due to rejoicing and freeing his slave girl, Suwaybah, upon hearing the news of the blessed birth of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم . Now imagine how great the reward will be for the Muslim spending his wealth whole-heartedly on this occasion. However, it is necessary to avoid songs and music in Milad gatherings.’
Celebrate Milad Enthusiastically
Dear Islamic brothers! Mark the blessed birth of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم enthusiastically. Even a staunch disbeliever like Abu Lahab benefited due to expressing happiness over the birth of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم then why not we – the Muslims will be blessed. Abu Lahab rejoiced over the birth of a nephew, not that of the Prophet of Allah, still he was benefited. If we celebrate Milad out of love and admiration, how can we be deprived of reward?
In Aaminah’s home, the King of Prophets has come
Rejoice, O the grief-stricken, your comforter has come
(Wasail-e-Bakhshish, pp. 474)
Holy Prophet صَلَّی اللّٰہ تعالٰی علیہ واٰلہ وسلَّم
gets pleased with those who
celebrate his birth
An Islamic scholar said that he saw the Prophet of mankind, the Peace of our heart and mind, the most Generous and Kind صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم in his dream and asked, ‘Ya Rasoolallah! Do you like Muslims celebrating your birth every year?’ The Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم replied, ‘I get pleased with the one who gets pleased with me.’
(Tazkira-tul-Wa’izeen, pp. 600)
Flags in the
Happiness of Milad
Sayyidatuna Aaminahرَضِیَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَـنْهَا said, ‘When the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم was born, I saw that three flags were hoisted: One in the east, one in the west and one on the roof of the Ka’bah.’
(Khasaais-ul-Kubra, vol. 1, pp. 82)
Ruh-ul-Amin hoisted flag onto the roof of the Ka’bah
that flew up to the Heaven on the Dawn of Blessings
(Zauq-e-Na’at, pp. 67)
Procession with Flags
While migrating to Madinah, when the Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم reached a place near Madinah, known as Mauda’-e-Ghameem, Buraydah Aslami along with seventy horsemen from the tribe of Bani Sahm chased the caravan with the intention of capturing the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم but he himself got captivated in the love of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم and embraced Islam. He said, ‘Ya Rasoolallah! We will welcome you in Madinah with flags.’ Therefore, the horsemen took off their turbans, placed them on the top of their spears and moved to Madinah.
(Wafa-ul-Wafa, vol. 1, pp. 243)
Reward of celebrating Milad
Shaykh ‘Abdul Haq Muhaddis Dihlvi عَـلَيْهِ رَحْـمَةُ الـلّٰـهِ الۡـقَـوِی has said, ‘Those rejoicing on the night of the birth of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم will enter Jannat-un-Na’eem by virtue of the mercy of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ. Muslims have always been celebrating the birth of the Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم by cooking feasts, inviting guest and giving Sadaqah (alms) in abundance. They express their happiness, spend whole-heartedly, hold congregations for the celebration of the birth of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم , decorate their houses and Allahعَزَّوَجَلَّ showers His blessings on them because of these blessed deeds.’
(Masabata bis-Sunnah, pp. 102)
Dawat-e-Islami and Milad celebration
اَلْـحَمْـدُ لـِلّٰـه عَزَّوَجَلَّ, Dawat-e-Islami, a global non-political movement for the propagation of Quran and Sunnah, has a unique way of celebrating Milad. Huge congregations of Milad are held in different countries. In Karachi (Pakistan), probably the biggest Milad Ijtima’ of the world is held every year. These are extremely spiritual congregations which have invoked Madani revolution in the lives of thousands of sinners who have now adopted the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم.
12 Madani pearls about celebrating Milad
1. Decorate your homes, Masajid, shops and vehicles with buntings for rejoicing the birth of the Prophet of Rahmah, the Intercessor of Ummah صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم. Illuminate your home with at least 12 bulbs. Arrange an Ijtima’-e-Zikr-o-Na’at on the 12th night, and at the time of dawn, welcome the dawn of blessings with tearful eyes, raising your flags in hands invoking Salat and Salam. If possible, observe fast on the 12th of Rabi’-un-Noor because our Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم would celebrate his birthday by observing fast on Mondays.
Sayyiduna Qatadh رَضِىَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَـنْهُsaid that the صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم was asked as to why he fasted on Mondays. The Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم replied, ‘I was born on this day and the revelation descended upon me on the same day.’ (Sahih Muslim, pp. 591, Hadees 198)
The commentator of Sahih Bukhari, Sayyiduna Imam Qastalani رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالٰی عَلَيْه has said, ‘One of the proven boon of celebrating Milad of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is that peace and tranquillity prevails throughout the year and every wish is fulfilled sooner. May Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ have mercy on the one who marks the nights of the Milad month like Eid.’ (Al-Mawahib-ul-Ladunniyyah, vol. 1, pp. 148)
Celebrate Rabi ul awal all over the World:
12 rabi ul awal in Pakistan and India and USA, UK Canada and Germany on the same date of 12 December 2016. 12 rabi ul awal is a third month in Islamic Calendar. In pakistan and India people are crazy to celebrate this day with full of happiness
2. Nowadays, Tawaf-doing dolls are display in the models of the Holy Ka’bah at some places. This is a sin. In the pre-Islamic era of ignorance, there were 360 idols in the Holy Ka’bah. The Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم removed all the idols from Ka’bah after conquering Makkah. Therefore, even models containing idols (dolls) should not be displayed. Plastic flowers can be placed instead.
(It is permissible to display such a portrait in home, Masjid etc. in which the face of the people doing Tawaf-e-Ka’bah is not clearly visible. However, it is impermissible to display such a portrait in which the faces are clearly visible when looked at whilst standing with portrait being placed on the ground).
3. It is not permissible to install decorated gates comprising of the pictures/statues of peacocks etc. Read the following two Ahadees in the condemnation of pictures of living beings:
i. The angels (of mercy) do not enter the home in which there is a picture or a dog.
(Sahih Bukhari, vol. 2, pp. 409, Hadees 3322)
ii. Whoever paints the picture (of a living being) will be tormented by Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ as long as he does not put soul in that picture, and he will never be able to put soul into that.
(Sahih Bukhari, vol. 2, pp. 51, Hadees 42)
4. Some people play music in the name of celebrating the Milad of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم. By Shari’ah, it is a sin to do so. Following are two Ahadees of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم in this regard:
i. The Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم said, ‘I have been ordered to break the drum and the flute.’
(Firdaus-ul-Akhbar, vol. 1, pp. 483, Hadees 1612)
ii. Sayyiduna Dahaak رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالٰی عَلَيْه has reported: Music spoils the heart and displeases Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ.
(Tafsirat-e-Ahmadiyyah, pp. 603)
5. You can play Na’at cassettes but take care at the time of Azan and Salah. Further, make sure that the sound of Na’at does not disturb the sick or those who are asleep or doing worship. (Don’t play cassettes of Na’ats in the voice of woman).
6. It is not permissible to decorate the roads or streets etc. or hoist the flags in such a way that causes any kind of worry or distress to passersby or to those who are driving.
7. Women coming out of their homes without observing Pardah (veil) to watch illuminations are committing a shameless and Haraam act. Further, doing so even whilst observing Pardah and the consequent intermingling of men and women is also extremely shocking. Moreover, it is also not permissible to use electricity illegally. Therefore, contact the electricity department and use electricity legally by paying its bill.
8. In the Milad procession, try to remain in the state of Wudu as long as possible. Offer Salah with Jama’at. The devotees of the Prophet are not suppose to miss Jama’at.
9. Avoid bringing horse-carts and camel-carts etc. in the procession as their urine or dung may render the clothes of devotees impure.
10. During the procession, distribute as many booklets, pamphlets and VCDs/DVDs of Sunnah-inspiring speeches released by Maktaba-tul-Madinah, as you can. Further, for serving fruits/eats etc. give in the hands of the people instead of throwing these. Fruits and other things are disrespected if these are dropped on the ground and crushed under feet.
11. Chanting inflammatory slogans can result in some unpleasant incident and can sabotage the prestigious Milad procession. Your own safety lies in remaining calm and peaceful.
12. Neither get emotional nor try to retaliate in case some stone pelting is encountered as it will cause disturbance in the procession, which is the desire of the enemy.
Ghunchay chatkhay phool mahkay her taraf aayi bahaar
Ho gayi Subh-e-Baharan Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi
(Wasail-e-Bakhshish, pp. 465)
Attar’s letter about celebrating Milad
(It is a Madani request that this letter should be read out afresh every year as a reminder in the last weekly Ijtima’ of Safar-
ul-Muzaffar everywhere. Islamic brothers and sisters can make appropriate amendments).
Sag-e-Madinah Muhammad Ilyas Attar Qadiri Razavi عُـفِـیَ عَـنۡـهُ says Salam from the core of his heart to all the
devotees of the Holy Prophet on the blissful festival of Milad celebration.
اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيۡكُمۡ وَرَحۡمَةُ اللّٰهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهٗ
اَلۡحَمۡدُ لِلّٰهِ رَبِّ الۡعٰلَمِيۡنَ عَلٰي كُلِّ حَالٍ
Tum bhi ker kay un ka charcha apnay dil chamkao
Aoonchay mayn aooncha Nabi ka jhanda ghar ghar mayn lahrao
Brighten your heart praising the most Beloved Prophet
And wave the Prophet’s flag at every home
1. On the first night of Rabi’-un-Noor, make this announcement three times in all the Masajid:
‘Congratulations to all Islamic brothers and sisters! The moon of Rabi’-un-Noor has been sighted.’
Rabi’-un-Noor ummidaun ki dunya sath lay aaya
Du’aon ki qabuliyyat ko hathaun hath lay aaya
2. Men’s shaving their beard or trimming it less than a fist-length – both acts are Haraam. For Islamic sisters not to observe Shar’i veiling is a Haraam act. By virtue of auspicious occasion of Rabi’-un-Noor, Islamic brothers are requested to make intention for bearing fistful beard permanently and Islamic sisters are requested to make the intention of observing Shar’i Pardah, preferably wearing a Madani Burqa’. (Man’s shaving his beard or trimming it less than a fist-length and woman’s non-observance of
Shar’i veiling is Haraam. It is Wajib to repent of these sins instantly and give them up).
Jhuk gaya Ka’bah sabhi but munh kay bal aundhay giray
Dab-dabah aamad ka tha, اَهۡلًا وَّ سَهۡلًا مَرۡحَبَا
(Wasail-e-Bakhshish, pp. 257)
3. A great Madani technique to acquire steadfastness in practising Sunnah and other good deeds is that all devotees (Islamic brothers & Islamic sisters) of the Holy Prophet should make intention to execute Fikr-e-Madinah daily, filling in the booklets of Madani In’amaat and should submit the booklet monthly. Invoke اِنْ شَــآءَالـلّٰـه عَزَّوَجَلَّ raising your hand.
Badliyan rahmat ki cha`een boondiyan rahmat ki aa`een
Ab muradayn dil ki pa`een aamad-e-Shah-e-Arab hay
4. All the devotees of the Prophet including Nigran and Zimmahdar should travel with a Madani Qafilah for at
5. Least three days particularly in this blessed month. Islamic sisters should deliver Dars from Faizan-e-Sunnat for at least thirty days in their homes (only to the ladies and Maharim) and then make the intention to continue it after Rabi’-un-Noor as well.
6. Display 12 flags or at least one flag in your Masjid, home, shop, workplace etc. since moon sighting for the whole month. Buy some flags and display them on buses, wagons, trucks, trolleys, taxis, rickshaws, horse carriages etc. Hoist flags on your cycle, scooter and car. اِنْ شَــآءَالـلّٰـه عَزَّوَجَلَّ , the whole city will blossom with smiling waving green flags. Usually big pictures of living beings or nasty couplets are print on the back of big trucks.
While, It is my wish that the slogan ‘I love Dawat-e-Islami’ be print in bold lettering at the back side of trucks, buses, wagons, rickshaws, taxis and cars etc. Make efforts in this regard by meeting and persuading the transporters and bus/truck owners and win my hearty supplications.
If the flag bears lettering or image of Na’layn (image of the blessed shoe-sole of the Holy Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم ), make sure that the flag neither tears nor falls on the ground. Further, as soon as the month of Rabi’-un-Noor ends, remove the flags immediately. If there is risk of disrespect, use simple green flags i.e. without that sacred image/lettering. (Sag-e-Madinah displays only simple green flags at his home named Bayt-ul-Fana [the dying home]).
12 rabi ul awal is the day when our beloved prophet Muhammad(SAW) was born.
However, lead the whole world bearing the Prophet’s flag
It’s peace flag; so at every home wave this great flag
Intentions for celebrating Milad
7. I will publicise the biggest blessing of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ thereby acting upon the Quranic commandment:
(11) وَ اَمَّا بِنِعۡمَۃِ رَبِّکَ فَحَدِّ ثۡ
And publicise well the Bounty of your Lord.
[Kanz-ul-Iman (Translation of Quran)] (Surah Ad-Duha, verse 11)
8. Moreover, i will make Milad illuminations to gain the pleasure of Allahعَزَّوَجَلَّ .
9. I will wave flags imitating the act of Sayyiduna Jibra`eel عَـلَيْـهِ الـصَّلٰوة ُ وَالـسَّلَام who placed 3 flags on the day the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم was born.
10. I will wave green flags because the Grand Dome of the Prophet’s Masjid is green.
11. I will show the eminence of the Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم to the non-Muslims by celebrating Milad (upon seeing illuminations and green flags, the non-Muslims will certainly be inspired and would think that the Muslims love their Prophet a lot).
12. I will annoy Satan by celebrating Milad enthusiastically.
13. In addition to outward decorations, I will decorate my inner self as well by repenting of sins.
14. I will attend the Ijtima’-e-Milad on the 12th night, and
15. I will participate in the procession on the 12th of Rabi’-un-Noor and will invoke Zikr of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ and His Beloved Prophetصَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم.
16.While, I will behold Islamic scholars, and
17. the pious people, and
18. I will gain blessings from the company of the devotees of the Prophet.
19. I will wear a turban in the procession, and
20. I will remain in the state of Wudu as long as possible, and
21. I will perform my Salah with Jama’at in Masjid during the procession.
22. As per my capacity, I will distribute booklets, pamphlets and cassettes or VCDs/DVDs of Sunnah-inspiring Bayanaat etc. published by Maktaba-tul-Madinah during the Ijtima’-e-Milad and procession.
23. Additionally, making individual efforts, I will persuade 12 brothers to travel with the Madani Qafilah.
24. I will keep reciting Salat, Salam and Na’at as far as possible during the procession observing Qufl-e-Madinah of the tongue and the eyes.
O Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ! Enable us to solemnize the birth of Your Beloved Prophetصَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم وَسَلَّم whole-heartedly with good intentions and grant us entry into Heaven without holding accountable by virtue of celebrating the blessed birthday of Your Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّمم.
O Almighty, forgive me for Milad’s sake
Though my book of deeds is repleted with sins!
(Wasail-e-Bakhshish, pp. 477)
12 rabi ul awal is the Holy Month of Islam and people all over the world celebrate this day of rabi ul awal with joy and happiness. according to the movement of sun the day of 12 rabi ul awal is started now. and dont woe